Monday, February 25, 2008

It's Cold Outside...


Which makes me want to retreat to a warm corner, preferably by a fire. Here three of my favorite fireside retreats in Salem:


  • The Tavern at the Hawthorne Hotel (pictured at left). When the weather outside is frightful, there's no better retreat than this cozy room with an excellent menu.

  • Finz on Pickering Wharf. Grab your favorite 'tini concoction at the bar and get comfy by the fire. You may never want to get up!

  • Capt's Bar & Grill on Pickering Wharf. For winter retreats, I like to sneak into the bar & grill, which is below the formal dining room. The ambiance is cozy and dim - if you're with the right someone, it would be romantic. And the view is one of Salem's best.

Spring isn't too far off. Take advantage of these cozy corners soon. Before too long I'll be writing about dining alfresco and how to keep cool on hot New England evenings!

1 comment:

Hawthorne Hotel said...

Hi Kate,

Great job on the new blog. I love your writing style, and your approach. This is exactly what I envisioned a blog about Salem would be.

Thanks for all you do for Salem.

Juli