Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thinking Pink was Great for Salem!


I have to start by saying that I was exhausted by day's end yesterday. Things have been really busy at Destination Salem, and I was ready to call it a day by the time Girls' Night Out crept up on the clock. But, I rallied. I'm a true professional and if my job suggests that I should go out and sample wines and browse beautiful clothes, cosmetics, and gifts for the home, so be it!

And what a great event it was. Congratulations to Salem Main Streets and The Wellness Center for organizing what I hope is a (somewhat) regular event in Salem. I stopped by some of the stores I know and love on Essex and Front Streets, and then had the delightful experience of finding new places to love on Derby Street.

We went into Radiance Aveda first and received a tour of the fairly new salon/spa as well as mini-make-overs and hair analyses! Looking beautiful, we stopped by New Civilitea, which is a wonderful tea shop (don't ignore the scones) and I fell in love with a pomegranate green tea. After that, it was off to Rouge Cosmetics, where I was set up with some skin care samples and great pointers for how to use products.

The evening ended at Strega, where complimentary appetizers were passed - that Strega Pizzeta is to die for! And then a number of people headed off to Salem Film Fest, while I finally got to call it a day at 8:30 pm. It was a great evening that did what I suspect it wanted to - introduced me (and others!) to businesses that can now cultivate us into regular, devoted customers.

Discover the magic of Girls' Nights Out in Salem!




1 comment:

Ann Loves Salem said...

Love the nighttime photo of rouge cosmtetics, which is a great new addition to Salem, along with J.Mode, and many others. Thanks to Kate for all the great tips!