With the opening of WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE today, several people are inquiring about how to park for the movie theater over the next three weekends without getting stuck with a $20 fee. Here's how. >1. Go to the Church Street parking lot (the one across from our marquee and near the Lyceum).
2. If the weather is bad, there will be no $20 prepay fee, so just grab a ticket and pay the relatively reasonable rate.
3. If the weather is good, you'll need to pay the $20 prepayment, so go ahead -- but you'll get it back!
4. Come to CinemaSalem and purchase your ticket, and KEEP YOUR STUB. Enjoy the movie of your choice.
5. Go back to the Church Street lot and show your CinemaSalem ticket stub to the attendant, and you will receive a full refund on the $20 prepayment.
6. Thanks to the City of Salem for arranging this free parking for our patrons.
7. A review of WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE: "Profoundly beautiful and affecting, Where the Wild Things Are is a breath- taking act of artistic transubstantiation." Time Magazine
8. WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE (PG) will screen Friday at (4:30), 6:45 and 8:50; Saturday at (12:00), (2:15), (4:30), 6:45 and 8:50; Sunday at (12:00), (2:15), (4:30) and 6:45; and Monday-Thursday at (4:30) and 6:45.
9. Another review: "I can't speak for the kids, but I would rate Spike Jonze & Dave Eggers's adaptation of Maurice Sendak's 40-page children's picture book up there with Up and Wall·E as topping the recent renaissance in children's movies." Boston Phoenix
10. Thanks for supporting CinemaSalem!