Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Escaping from the snow in Salem

The historic Hawthorne Hotel
I have to share this post from the Hawthorne Hotel's Facebook page...

I slept here last night and can absolutely assure you that our beds are SO comfy, our pillows nice and fluffy and "smushable" and the water pressure is excellent in the shower. Our docking station/clock radio is awesome if you have an iPhone or the like, and our flat-screen TVs with HBO are terrific.
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
We're having a bit of a snowstorm here (the media has dubbed it the "January Nor'Easter") and when my neighborhood lost power, I immediately started to consider where I would evacuate to - should the power not come back on.  We have a dog, so the Hawthorne would be perfect.  We also have two kids, so the Waterfront Hotel & Suites - and its indoor pool - would also fit the bill.  
The Waterfront was, as of yesterday, offering a "Snow Deal" to help people get out of the weather.  Check out their Facebook page for more information.
Fortunately, our power came back on this morning and I was able to get the coffee, hot chocolate and pancakes going, to warm my snow-removal team up when they came back inside.
Both hotels are open today, serving up hot coffee, hot chocolates, and those stronger libations that you may just need after shoveling yourself out! 

No comments: