Brunonia's first novel, The Lace Reader (2008) was also set in Salem, where Towner Whitney's journey took her from Salem Common to Derby Wharf to the Salem harbor islands and back again. If you have not yet read it, The Lace Reader is available in paper back from booksellers and shops throughout Salem.
The Map of True Places is another suspenseful novel set in the historic streets of Salem - along Turner Street, at the House of the Seven Gables, the Salem Athenaeum, and out and around Salem harbor.
Click here to enter to win a trip to Brunonia Barry's Salem. You can visit Brunonia's web site here, and you can visit our page about The Lace Reader in Salem here.
The sweepstakes prize features:
- A two-night stay for two at the Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites;
- $500 American Express Gift Card to use toward travel expenses to and from Salem;
- A private tour and a one year membership at the Salem Athenaeum, and a copy of the book, America's Membership Libraries;
- Passes for two to The House of the Seven Gables, the Peabody Essex Museum, The Phillips House, Schooner Fame of Salem, Salem Trolley, the Salem Ferry, and City View Trolley in Boston.
- Dinner for two at Nathaniel's at the Hawthorne Hotel;
- Dinner for two at Sixty2 on Wharf; and
- Two signed copies of The Lace Reader and The Map of True Places.
There are some travel restrictions on the prize, so please visit the HarperCollins Sweepstakes page for complete rules.
Many thanks to all of the sites, particularly the Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, for contributing to this sweepstakes. Good luck!!