Saturday, November 12, 2011

Adriatic Restaurant does Restaurant Week right

OK, restaurant reviewer I am not.  I'm much too finicky an eater to be a good restaurant reviewer.  That said, I do love good food, and I am dazzled by the restaurant choices here in Salem.  Each time Restaurant Week comes along, I find myself struggling to decide where to eat - what to eat. We are truly blessed in the culinary department here in Salem.

I had the chance to eat at Adriatic Restaurant for Restaurant Week, and (oh, my gosh) it was delicious.  It was so good, I ate one of my ravioli before I realized I wanted to take a picture for the blog. 

Butternut Squash Ravioli. They had me at brown butter.

Adriatic is offering Three Courses for $25, and they are offering two courses for $15 at lunch, so don't feel you have to wait until dinner time to spoil your palate. 

For the first course, I had the Butternut Squash Ravioli and my colleague had the Stuffed Portabella Mushroom.  Our plates were cleaned.

For the second course, I had the Spaghetti Nero de Seppia and my colleague had the Braised Lamb Shanks.  There was an abundance of calories, and it was worth every bite. 

Spaghetti Nero di Seppia 

 

 Dessert was unbelievable - the Tiramisu was divine, and we followed it with Cappuccino. 

Restaurant Week continues on Sunday, and there are more than twenty restaurants participating with fantastic two and three-course menus. This is a tremendous opportunity to check out some of Salem's new restaurants or revisit a favorite spot. 

No comments: