Saturday, October 11, 2008

Treasures over Time on Washington Street

Salem has incredible retail - I mean it. The shopping here is a truly unique experience. People who haven't browsed Salem's shop windows in a few years will think I'm off my gourd when I say that, but I'm not. I am speaking the truth.
So, when you come to Salem, plan time to browse and shop. It's getting to be that time of making lists and checking them twice. I, for one, have a couple of Salem lists going. One of them is at Treasures Over Time.

Treasures Over Time moved from Essex Street to 139 Washington Street over the summer, and the new space is lovely, large, and light-filled - which makes all of the crystals, jewelry, and minerals come alive.

I have some photos that store owner Sivan Sergott has sent to me for brochures, and I have to share them with you. The emerald ring (sorry ladies, this one has been sold, but there are sure to be
others!) just about took my breath away when I saw it.

The Victorian necklace on the right is made with rose cut “Bohemian” Garnets. The Victorian pendant on the left features intertwined snake heads - one snake head is is 18k yellow gold set with a ruby and the other is platinum set with a diamond.

Treasures over Time has more than just jewelry - the store is a treasure trove of gifts and items inspired by the earth.










No comments: