Monday, June 13, 2011

More pictures of our new public art

Here are pictures of the new public art on Essex and Front Streets.  If you missed my earlier post about the sculptures and their installation, click here. Each of the four pieces are done by artist Rob Lorenson. 

You have to check them out - they are different from each angle, and they really seem to want to be touched and interacted with.  We had a great time watching people watching the sculptures.  One passer-by quoted Steve Martin and announced, "I don't know what it is, but I want my picture taken with it!" (We aren't sure if that quote is from The Jerk or L.A. Story, if you know, please let me know.)

The corner of Front and Washington Streets.

Essex Street looking at Derby Square and Old Town Hall

Essex Street at Central Street (I want to sit in this one, and sip a latte).

Essex Street at the East India Fountain, by the Mall and the Peabody Essex Museum
 What do you think?!

1 comment: